Your job responsibilities will include:
- Able to immediately leverage on existing relationships with both producers and customers in the market.
- Maximise overall performance of the trading book, trade and market make profitability of the Iron Ore desk.
- Maintain a strong understanding of customers’ needs, customer/supplier performance and competitor activity.
- Ability to trade under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Researching, developing, backtesting, and implementing systematic trading strategies.
- Managing the full spectrum of trading exposures and risks within agreed parameters.
- Writing robust portfolio construction based on multiple signals.
- Contributing to the improvement of a state-of-the-art data pipeline that allows for fast strategy and insight generation.
- Understanding and communicating risks being taken.
- Cultivating a reputation as a valued team player.
- Leading by example with error free work.
- Observing and strictly complying with all regulatory guidelines and requirements and compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Coaching & educating colleagues, including those on other teams.
- Making time for innovation and discussion of growth opportunities, apportioning time appropriately between real time trading and business development.
- Staying up to date regarding new regulations or trends that can affect the business.
- Demonstrating safe behaviour in the workplace.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of physical trading, logistics and contract administration would be beneficial.
The skills and qualifications requirements for the job are as follows:
- A bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD in mathematics, science, engineering, computer science, economics, quantitative finance or related field.
- Business acumen
- Strong pre-existing network of connections within the iron ore sector.
- Experienced trader with 5 years + of work experience and a strong interest in trading and financial markets.
- Experience of pricing and managing Base Metals exchange and OTC risk.
- Familiar with trading from an operational and risk perspective and have front end trading experience.
- Proficiency in back-testing, simulation, and statistical techniques.
- Be ambitious, with a track record of being a high achiever who relentlessly pursues accelerated progression.
- Excellent numerical, financial, and analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to deploy those skills during time-sensitive situations.
- Strong background in mathematics and statistics, with good knowledge of statistical models and signal generation.
- Are entrepreneurial, adaptive, self-motivated; enjoy challenges and significant responsibility, and thrive in fast-paced, competitive environments.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team, dealing with multiple stakeholders and front office traders.
How to apply
Please click on Apply Now.
* Please note, due to the high number of applicants we are unable to reply to all applications. If you have not heard back within 30 days of applying, then your application was at this time unsuccessful.