Through our Junior Trader Development program, new hires receive resources to accelerate their integration into Onyx by gaining access to digital learning and weekly lectures from experienced traders. Junior employees have complete access to Onyx’s material and all-level traders to focus on becoming their own trader.
We take a trader-by-trader approach to talent development and foster an environment that values different trading styles, challenges conventional thinking and maximises the potential of all Onyx employees. Our monthly and ongoing review systems ensure our people and their managers have the information they need to excel in the development program.
- Carry out trading support tasks including trade entry, reconciliation on a daily basis
- Liaise with back office to work on desk or firmwide projects
- Help with future and OTC executions
- Work with the traders on research, development, and implementation of new trading strategies
- Collaboratively work with the Onyx Advisory business on producing trader notes and trading reports
- Investigate potential profitable strategies to new products
Ideal candidates will be:
- A bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree
- Preferred fields of study: mathematics, science, engineering, computer science, economics, quantitative finance or related field
- Recent graduate up to 3 years of work experience
- Experience programming in Python, R, C++ or similar languages is a plus
How to apply
Please click on Apply Now and start the application process.
* Please note, due to the high number of applicants we are unable to reply to all applications. If you have not heard back within 30 days of applying, then your application was, at this time unsuccessful.