The Onyx Elite Trader Development Program, won't be for everyone, it's an intensive but rewarding program that will test all of your character attributes, your communication skills, and mental strength to develop your potential to become Onyx Elite.
Our comprehensive program is centered on learning by doing. You will be given immediate opportunity to put theory into practice with high quality and regular feedback from experienced professionals.
We are particularly proud of the extreme level of transparency with regard to career progression that we offer at Onyx. We are looking for candidates who want to join an agile business and the opportunity to work for a company where their efforts will get the attention they deserve. To give you an insight into how we operate, our Junior traders are assessed monthly to be progressed to a trader role with the outlook to start trading their own book. Our bespoke monthly ORS (Onyx Review System) ensures our people and their managers have all the necessary information to excel in the development program.
We are only after the best of the best, so you will need to possess a strong work ethic and be able to learn quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, possess a strong understanding of math, probability, and statistics. You should be detail-oriented, organised, diligent, be able to demonstrate composure and communicate clearly when under extreme pressure; have a naturally advanced aptitude for problem-solving, the ability to multitask and show the ability to succeed working as part of a diversified team.
The reward for all this? to become part of the Onyx Elite.
- A relentless sense of pursuing accelerated progression
- Strong interest in trading and financial markets
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Thrive in fast-paced and competitive environments
- Carry out trading support tasks including trade entry, reconciliation on a daily basis
- Liaise with back office to work on desk or firm-wide projects
- Help with future and OTC executions
- Work with the traders on research, development, and implementation of new trading strategies
- Collaboratively work with the Onyx Advisory business on producing trader notes and trading reports
- Investigate potential profitable strategies for new products
How to apply
Please click on Apply Now and start the application process.
* Please note, due to the high number of applicants we are unable to reply to all applications. If you have not heard back within 30 days of applying, then your application was, at this time unsuccessful.